Wednesday 4 September 2019

One more step along the world we go....

One more step along the world we go

‘From the old things to the new, keep me travelling along with you’

I remember my first day of senior school like it was yesterday. I was filled with excitement to be starting my journey. I felt grown up and ready to take on the world. I was so very eager to be going to my big sisters school, which I had heard so much about. I was even excited to wear those God awful red PE knickers. I was ready.

Except it’s different for you, because you are not. You are not excited, you are not eager, I might even say you are not ready and you definitely do not have a big sister to take your hand and guide you. You will set the foundations for your brother and sister,  as you are the first one to take this leap into the complete unknown. And you are nervous and excited and completely heartbroken that tomorrow you will not be walking through the gates of Harold Wood Primary School.

Harold Wood Primary School has become part of you. I watched your little heart break the day you left there. The place that had become your second home. Where every single person there had loved and nurtured you and treated you as if you were the most important person in the world. And when the going got tough, each and every person propped you up and you have become the most wonderful little human. I know you wish you could do it all again and you have threatened more than once to make a stand and refuse to leave. And although I have laughed part of me would support you in tying yourself to the school and refusing to move, because I am absolutely not ready for you to not be looked after by the people who have become such a huge part of the wonderful person you are.

And it only seems like yesterday, that you walked through those doors. 7 years has gone far too quickly. I really thought we had more time. And tomorrow you will walk through a different set of doors, only this time, things will be so different. You won’t want me to come to every sports day and every performance. I won’t know the names of every single one of your friends and they won’t know me. I won’t know what you are learning, and one day soon I won’t be able to help you with your homework any more.

As for your lovely friends, our lovely Gossip girls. Although your lives have taken different paths, nothing will ever take away the fact that all of your mummies love each other and Prosecco far too much for this to be the end of your friendship. Those 6 kids are the biggest part of you and your lovely childhood. Nothing will ever take that away and the beautiful friendship you all have. They are definitely the family we chose for ourselves. And I know your heart is breaking that you will not be together but nothing will ever truly separate you all. GG’s for life!

We know this is your destiny. That this was written in your stars. And tomorrow when the fear is gone you will realise that this is the place for you just like Harold Wood was. As you walk through those doors with your friend for life, a friend I could only ever in my wildest dreams have hoped you would end up spending your next 5 years with. Some things are just mapped out.

And you will show them exactly who you are. Daisy Samantha Philpot.

And as for me, I will be waiting for you, at the end of my first day as part of your beloved Harold Wood Primary School. As you start your first day of school, elsewhere, I  start my first day of work in the place you love the most. And I can see the envy in your eyes and my heart breaks for you a thousand times, but they have given you everything that they can now and they will always be a part of you and who you have become. The confidence in yourself and your abilities through everything they have taught you, academically and otherwise to just go out there and completely conquer everything thrown at you. And to just be you.

And at the end of the day. Mummy will still be there. May be not in the school playground, but at the end of the road, I will wait to hear all about your day with your beautiful smiley face which I know will be missed at Harold Wood. And I am sure we will laugh as you and Grace tell us about your antics of the first day. This is just the beginning. And you are going to be amazing!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment